Показано с 1 по 9 из 9.

System infected and Task Manager, Registry Editor and Command Prompt unable to run and System Restore unable to be enabled/disabled

Junior Member Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация
    Вес репутации

System infected and Task Manager, Registry Editor and Command Prompt unable to run and System Restore unable to be enabled/disabled

I was infected by USB flash memory while attempting to help another computer... sigh...

At the time of infection I was running Avast 4.8 and thought that I was protected, but I was not!

Now I've tried many antivirus programs including Norton, Avast 5, Trend Micro and Comodo and none of them could detect the virus... even Avast's famous boot time scan failed to detect anything...

I have submitted a few suspected files to Kaspersky via the online file analysis submission tool and Kaspersky seems to be able to detect the virus, so I downloaded PURE, but when I tried to install, the program runs ok until the end when it simply rolled back and informed me that an error had occured and I have to restart my computer to complete the process, but no matter how many times I restarted, nothing happened. I'm very disappointed in all anti-virus programs so far... please help me overcome this problem.

Regards.

Senior Member Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация
    Вес репутации
    Hello,
    Disable system restore, load the system in normal mode, repeat AVZ-Logs, make a fullscan with Malwarebytes Antimalware an attach the log too.

Junior Member Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация
    Вес репутации
    Hi,

Thank you for your help

One of the problems is that I'm unable to enable/disable System Restore... whenever i try to disable it, the system comes back with:
    "System Restore encountered an error trying to enable/disable one or more drives. Please restart your machine and try again"
    I've tried to boot in safe mode, but System Restore can't be disabled then either... what else can I try?

Senior Member Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация
    Вес репутации
    Let system restore running.

Вес репутации
    Hi, I've downloaded Malwarbyte's Antimalware and have now done a log for AVZ as well as a full scan with Antimalware, it looks like there are more than 500 infections, all of them inside the registry!!!!!
    Please check the logs and let me know if I should go ahead and let Antimalware remove all of the infected items.
    Thanks again.
    Последний раз редактировалось zappaflash; 23.05.2010 в 17:36. Причина: I forgot to attach the log files, so here they are...

Вес репутации
    Цитата Сообщение от zappaflash Посмотреть сообщение
    let me know if I should go ahead and let Antimalware remove all of the infected items.
    Yes, do it, pls.

Вес репутации
    Ok, after removal by Antimalware of all the infected items:
    - both the Registry Editor and the Command Prompt are now working, however,
    - the Task Manager and System Restore are still out of action.
    What steps should I take next?
    Oh and the infections are actually in quarantine...
    Последний раз редактировалось zappaflash; 24.05.2010 в 03:43.

Вес репутации
    Цитата Сообщение от zappaflash Посмотреть сообщение
    What steps should I take next?
    Oh and the infections are actually in quarantine...
    1. Repeat AVZ-logs
    2. Empty the Quarantine-Folder manually

Вес репутации
    Thank you very much for helping me.
    I've managed to install Kaspersky Pure after running Malwarebytes' Antimalware.
    From then on, Pure was able to take care of the rest of the problems, although for System Restore to function again I had to reinstall it using advice from here:
    http://bertk.mvps.org/html/reinstall.html

Once again, thank you.