PDA

Просмотр полной версии : At first sight

ScratchyClaws
23.04.2007, 23:30
Hmmm... Being an English teacher I suggest to change

Obligatory to read! Everyone reads this announcement, especially before asking for help!

to -

Urgent! Read before asking for help!

Before asking for help read carefully and follow completely the forum rules. If your application does not meet the requirements, it will be the last to be processed or may not be processed at all. (from the forum rules)
I would suggest changing to

Carefully follow the forum rules before asking for help. If your request doesn't fulfil the requirements of the forum, it will be the last to be processed or may not be processed at all.

Unfortunately I don't have much free time. But I'll try to read and comment from time to time...

NickGolovko
24.04.2007, 06:28
'Urgent'? What's urgent in it? :)
Fulfill is not analogous to 'meet requirements'... :)

Rene-gad
24.04.2007, 09:58
А fulfill - выполнять, а не отвечать требованиям... :)
to fulfil (a condition) - выполнить (условие) ;)

ScratchyClaws
24.04.2007, 10:14
как бы это сформулировать...
когда читаешь этот текст, понятно что писал его русскоговорящий человек...И насколько я помню, носители языка стараются формулировать свои мысли максимально кратко.
можно вместо Urgent поставить Important, но Obligatory to read! имхо не оч. смотрится...
Отвечать требованиям, выполнять правила... смысл в данном контексте очень близкий)

When I read this text I have a feeling that it was written by Russian person. As far as I remember English-speaking people try to pharase their ideas as briefly as possible.
As to Urgent! it is possible to use Important, 'cause I don't likу how Obligatory to read! sounds...

ScratchyClaws
24.04.2007, 10:58
One more idea (by my friend) -

You MUST read this ad especially before asking for help (aid)!!

NickGolovko
24.04.2007, 11:06
That is obvious anyway - I am not a native speaker. :) It seems to me that 'important' and 'obligatory to read' are different meanings. What do you think?

drongo
24.04.2007, 11:07
"You MUST read "is better ;)

Rene-gad
24.04.2007, 11:16
@ll
I've got a suggestion ;) : Here is the special English underforum for English users and their suggestions, ergo: all the things should be written here have to be written only in English.

CKYHC
24.04.2007, 11:29
Лучше звучит вместо "Carefully follow the forum rules before asking for help" Please obey forum rules when asking for help.

drongo
24.04.2007, 11:31
@ll
I've got a suggestion ;) : Here is the special English underforum for English users and their suggestions, ergo: all the things should be written here have to be written only in English.

Agree !Moreover, CePguTKa , NickGolovko and CKYHC must translate their posts here :P

ScratchyClaws
24.04.2007, 11:47
Agree !Moreover, CePguTKa , NickGolovko and CKYHC must translate their posts here :P

Done, sir ;)
I think we need an English-speaking person here, as one of the mods...

Bratez
24.04.2007, 11:48
I've got a suggestion : Here is the special English underforum for English users and their suggestions, ergo: all the things should be written here have to be written only in English.

IMHO, consideration of Russian to English translations should appear in Russian subforum :).

Rene-gad
24.04.2007, 12:00
I think we need an English-speaking person here, as one of the mods...
Would You like to accept this office, Madam ? ;)

NickGolovko
24.04.2007, 14:12
Dear colleagues,

saying "MUST" is highly impolite. English-speaking people normally never must something. Believe me. :)

If you have such a desire to inject a modal verb there, let it be should.

drongo
24.04.2007, 14:41
Ok, but still "must" is more powerful word :) It's funny, but i don't see any English-speaking person here...
So far,in our forum, i saw just a spam messages in English.

CKYHC
24.04.2007, 14:43
Абсолютно согласен с Ником в посте #14.

drongo
24.04.2007, 14:48
CKYHC, a little respect :) In English, please.
Would you be so kind to edit your messages.

CKYHC
24.04.2007, 15:02
Let me edit the FAQ slightly.
Topic http://virusinfo.info/showthread.php?t=9208
"If you have no results searching for the full path" - instead of for - "within" or "in".
"Search like this" - This search.
"If a file name search has no result" - returns no result.
"This search should be performed" - That sort of a search...
"click at the Copy selected files to Quarantine button" - "at" is undue.
"click at the Archive button" - edit out "at".
"indicating in the corresponding field the link at your thread in Help Me" - putting the link to you thread in Help Me in according field.
"you can send the file at [email protected]," - you can send quarantined file at [email protected],
"indicating in the message" - specifying или noting.
"link at your thread" - link to your thread.
"copy the files using" - needless "the".

That's it I think.

Bratez
24.04.2007, 15:04
:20: Mr.Fix, but what's about the bottom of your messages
(or whatever they call it)?

Rene-gad
24.04.2007, 15:15
It's funny, but i don't see any English-speaking person here...in our forum, i saw just a spam messages in English.
1. You don't have to wait to see only the native US-American or English people here :D
2. The broken English is the most widespread language in the world ;)

Numb
24.04.2007, 15:20
:20: Mr.Fix, but what's about the bottom of your messages
(or whatever they call it)? By the way, you can easily hide your signature by unchecking "Show signature" checkbox when you're writing your message

ScratchyClaws
24.04.2007, 15:42
Would You like to accept this office, Madam ? ;)

To be English-speaking person? I would love to help ;)
Anyway after so much English in the office I start to speak English with Russian people 8)

ScratchyClaws
24.04.2007, 15:51
Let me correct the corrector, please)))

"indicating in the corresponding field the link at your thread in Help Me" - putting the link to your thread in Help Me in according field.
"you can send the file at [email protected]," - you can send quarantined file at [email protected],

the link to your thread
and I think it is more effective to send e-mails to certain adrress, than at it))

And some more -

It's OK to say English Forum instead of Forum in English

If you have an antivirus installed, please, update its databases and scan your PC.

don't loose the apostrophe - it's

If you don’t have any antivirus installed- download the DrWeb - CureIT! utility and perform the system scan (about 5 mb)

I think that 5mb is the size of CureIT! utility, not a system scan)
So let's say
If you don’t have any antivirus installed- download the DrWeb - CureIT! utility (about 5 mb) and perform the system scan

nocuous software really confused me. I have a feeling that there's some special word for it...

CKYHC
24.04.2007, 16:02
Yep.

NickGolovko
24.04.2007, 16:05
"If you have no results searching for the full path" - instead of for - "within" or "in".

We don't search IN the path, I guess.

"Search like this" - This search.

Nope. :) We don't mean 'this concrete search' - we mean a search by this pattern, so it cannot be definite.

"If a file name search has no result" - returns no result.

OK, that's a better one.

"This search should be performed" - That sort of a search...

Not necessarily, but I'll ponder it over.

"click at the Copy selected files to Quarantine button" - "at" is undue.

"Click the button", you mean?

"indicating in the corresponding field the link at your thread in Help Me" - putting the link to you thread in Help Me in according field.

I guess it will be putting the link to you thread in Help Me to the corresponding field.

It's clear it is quarantined. We've been speaking about quarantined file for a dozen of lines. :)

"copy the files using" - needless "the".

It is of need everywhere or of no need anywhere. :)

NickGolovko
24.04.2007, 16:06
To be English-speaking person? I would love to help ;)
Anyway after so much English in the office I start to speak English with Russian people 8)

So you agree to moderate the English subforums? :)

ScratchyClaws
24.04.2007, 16:26
So you agree to moderate the English subforums? :)

The answer is yes ;)
I really want to help you, guys)

drongo
24.04.2007, 16:30
We need to celebrate it :) Moreover, today in Israel -Independence Day !

Rene-gad
24.04.2007, 16:30
The answer is yes ;)

Than you have to translate/change your signature and nick :D

ScratchyClaws
24.04.2007, 16:47
Than you have to translate/change your signature and nick :D

Nick is the biggest problem)
Little angry thing seems to be too long)))
Let it be...
Scrat4yClaws

as to the signature I'll just delete the Russian text)
Um.. And the URL too...

pig
24.04.2007, 16:47
nocuous software really confused me. I have a feeling that there's some special word for it...
Malicious, IMHO. It's commonly used term.

NickGolovko
24.04.2007, 16:54
Sorry, guys, I will give my comments l8r. Hope I'll have a chance to assign our new mod before my cellular dies :)

ScratchyClaws
24.04.2007, 17:01
Somebody change my nick please)

NickGolovko
24.04.2007, 17:36
We are supposed to be politically correct, so we cannot say it like this. :)

Nothing of a kind, it is a possessive pronoun ;)

So let's say
If you don’t have any antivirus installed- download the DrWeb - CureIT! utility (about 5 mb) and perform the system scan

I will correct this.

OK, let it be malicious.

The thing about the Rules is that they were translated by a professional technical writer living in America. I guess he knows what he writes... :)

ScratchyClaws
24.04.2007, 17:50
The thing about the Rules is that they were translated by a professional technical writer living in America. I guess he knows what he writes... :)

Not every British man speaks proper English... As to Americans... Me knows their language... It has nothing to do with classic English.

As far as I remember, in Nightwish fans' forum there is English Discussion
nothing with the politics, just English language) (everybody understands that we won't make American Forum, Scottish Forum, Wales' Forum etc)

P.S. - thanks, Nick

NickGolovko
24.04.2007, 17:52
Somebody change my nick please)

Done.

Please check whether you have the rights in Help Me and other subforums. ;)

Not every British man speaks proper English... As to Americans... Their language is very special, and has nothing to do with classic English.

I said professional technical writer... :)

ScratchyClaws
24.04.2007, 17:59
Done.

Please check whether you have the rights in Help Me and other subforums. ;)
Everything's OK) Thanks!!

I said professional technical writer... :)
Hmm... Do you know such *professional* Russian writer as Rasputin (some of his books are read at school literature lessons)... Ever heard him speaking? That's something awful...
I don't want to say anything bad about the translator. I just have another point of view on some things))

Rene-gad
24.04.2007, 18:40
In sence of the international rules it should be obligatory written, and the best af all - just before the Rules, that the using of AVZ is the own risk of the user and neither Oleg Zaytsev nor Helpers are responsible for possibly damages on the infected system.
@Scrat4yClaws Pls. edit correspondently ;)

NickGolovko
24.04.2007, 19:23
It is described in AVZ EULA, don't worry. :)

maXmo
24.04.2007, 20:25
Urgent! Read before asking for help!May be "Achtung! Read or die!" :D

Dear colleagues,

saying "MUST" is highly impolite. English-speaking people normally never must something. Believe me. :)I don't believe :) I've heard "must have", "must read" and likes many times.

drongo
24.04.2007, 20:32
Achtung! - it not in german ?

Rene-gad
24.04.2007, 20:40
Achtung! - it not in german ?
Ja, ja, natürlich :D

maXmo
24.04.2007, 20:47
a rules example (http://www.castlecops.com/t102301-Hijackthis_Guidelines_Read_Before_Posting.html)

Bratez
25.04.2007, 06:51
Let it be...
Scrat4yClaws

Can you imagine how it sounds in English? I can't... :)
(4 means ch in Russian only)

NickGolovko
25.04.2007, 07:41
A good note, by the way :) Habitually in English 4 is used for F. :)

CKYHC
25.04.2007, 08:32
Hi Nick,
I'll try to explain my corrections.

`We don't search IN the path, I guess. `
Are you searching for the directory (folder)? If yes - you are searching FOR the path; if you are searching file - you are searching in the path.

`Nope. :) We don't mean 'this concrete search' - we mean a search by this pattern, so it cannot be definite. `
Then you are right I think.

`Not necessarily, but I'll ponder it over.`
It sounds better without too much "these searches".

`"Click the button", you mean? `
Correct. You are sitting at home and doing things not at things.

`I guess it will be putting the link to you thread in Help Me to the corresponding field.`
I meant "to your" - just mistyped of course.

`It's clear it is quarantined. We've been speaking about quarantined file for a dozen of lines. :)`
Oh. We spoke about file twice in one short sentence - I've tried to rephrase. "You can send it @" - that's what I wanted to say.

`It is of need everywhere or of no need anywhere. :)`
You've not mentioned those plural files just before, so usage of "the" is wrong. Compare to the 1st sentence and topic header.

OK?

ScratchyClaws
25.04.2007, 11:11
Can you imagine how it sounds in English? I can't... :)
(4 means ch in Russian only)

Yes, I understood that yesterday evening)
It should be
ScratchyClaws
and I wouldn't try to personalize it anymore...

ScratchyClaws
25.04.2007, 11:22
In sence of the international rules it should be obligatory written, and the best af all - just before the Rules, that the using of AVZ is the own risk of the user and neither Oleg Zaytsev nor Helpers are responsible for possibly damages on the infected system.
@Scrat4yClaws Pls. edit correspondently ;)

I think we have to put it there anyway... Just in case...
maybe let's write -

The use of AVZ utility is at user's own risk and neither Oleg Zaytsev nor Helpers are responsible for possible damages of the infected system.

will insert it this way. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm not sure about *Oleg Zaytsev and Helpers*... They are not responsible, but administrator is?
Oleg Zaytsev and Forum Administration?

also I'm not sure... But maybe we can say *Executing AVZ*

And the instructions... unlike AVZ they can be just followed, instead of being executed...

Now the FAQ section.
post about Hijack This

That means that you are supposed to run HijackThis, do a system scan, then in the log check the enumerated items and click at the "Fix Checked" button. After the operation you should reboot the PC.

That means that you are supposed to run HijackThis, do a system scan, then check the enumerated items in the log and click at the "Fix Checked" button. After the operation you should reboot the PC.

HijackThis enables you to revert the changes you've made.

Hijack This enables you to undo the changes you've made.

In the Help Me section helpers and experts often advise "fixing in HijackThis" some items and enumerate them.

In the Help Me section helpers and experts often advise "fixing in HijackThis" some enumerated items.

Just my opinion...

By the way, I translated RIC's tutorial about the creating files (I think this should be useful), check it out)

NickGolovko
25.04.2007, 12:35
I think we have to put it there anyway...

We haven't. By running AVZ the user swears to the EULA. ;)

That means that you are supposed to run HijackThis, do a system scan, then check the enumerated items in the log and click at the "Fix Checked" button. After the operation you should reboot the PC.

OK, let it be.

Hijack This enables you to undo the changes you've made.
Not a single difference. :)

In the Help Me section helpers and experts often advise "fixing in HijackThis" some enumerated items.

It looks as if we are going to enumerate them right now. :)

ScratchyClaws
25.04.2007, 12:54
We haven't. By running AVZ the user swears to the EULA. ;)

Not every users reads it... And still Americans are well known for asking for compensations after doing silly or dangerous things... Let's protect ourselves. By the way I remember somebody writing in Russian section about AVZ destroing Windows...

It looks as if we are going to enumerate them right now.
What about "listed"?
...some listed items...

I have some free time now, let me know if there's anything to be translated...

NickGolovko
25.04.2007, 14:08
I've slightly modified your notification anyway. :)

James Blond agreed to translate other FAQ items step by step. If you will I'll send you his variants for verification before publishing them.

ScratchyClaws
25.04.2007, 14:13
I've slightly modified your notification anyway. :)

James Blond agreed to translate other FAQ items step by step. If you will I'll send you his variants for verification before publishing them.

So he's translating and I'm checking? OK that's even easier))
Anyway I can always help with something... For examle if Russian Helper doesn't understand what some person wants in Help Me... just let me know))

Bratez
25.04.2007, 15:13
How to boot in Safe Mode ?

When you switch on your PC, after the first BIOS window ("clock speed", "RAM", "Setup" can be displayed there) has disappeared, you push "F8" periodically until you receive a screen with a list of several boot-up modes - one of them is Safe Mode. You choose this mode with arrow keys and press Enter.
Turn on is better
Several not needed
You not needed.

NickGolovko
25.04.2007, 15:41
Several not needed

Replying about several 'cos it's a one that I inserted. It seems to me quite natural in this context.

By the way, guys, have you noticed the English forum style in English subforums (page headers, buttons, adverts...)? :)

Rene-gad
25.04.2007, 15:59
@NickGolovko
Special for this operation is a special term suggested:

STACCATO WITH F8-KEY;)

ScratchyClaws
25.04.2007, 16:23
Replying about several 'cos it's a one that I inserted. It seems to me quite natural in this context.

By the way, guys, have you noticed the English forum style in English subforums (page headers, buttons, adverts...)? :)

I agree about "several"...

English style is very nice.
(Just looked at the style and language chooser and noticed English style and Russian new in a row - looks confusing)

And... I never felt myself a guy :format1:

drongo
25.04.2007, 17:21

Turn on is better
Several not needed
You not needed.

Thanks :) I just did copy-paste from http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:YAT8jVlVtvoJ:www.safensoft.ru/helpdesk/index.phtml%3Fcid%3D8%26fm%3D39%26page%3D1+%D0%9A% D0%B0%D0%BA+%D0%B7%D0%B0%D0%B3%D1%80%D1%83%D0%B6%D 0%B0%D1%82%D1%8C%D1%81%D1%8F+%D0%B2+%D0%B1%D0%B5%D 0%B7%D0%BE%D0%BF%D0%B0%D1%81%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%BC+%D1 %80%D0%B5%D0%B6%D0%B8%D0%BC%D0%B5+(Safe+Mode)&hl=ru&ct=clnk&cd=13&client=firefox-a
It's proving that "just copy/paste is bad :)

ScratchyClaws
25.04.2007, 17:34
I've changed *how to clean system restore folders* in the rules a little...
By the way... I think point 2 should be just *NOTE:...*

something is wrong...

When you receive the following message, click Yes to confirm that you want to turn off System Restore:
You have chosen to turn off System Restore. If you continue, all existing restore points will be deleted, and you will not be able to track or undo changes to your computer.

Do you want to turn off System Restore?
After a few moments, the System Properties dialog box closes.
I think it's text layout))

James Blond
25.04.2007, 22:18
Let me correct the corrector, please)))

the link to your thread
and I think it is more effective to send e-mails to certain adrress, than at it))

Unfortunately this is not that simple. e.g. "email me TO" could be used as well as "email me AT". As you said before, US-EN is quite differs from GB-EN. And you were absolutely right.

And some more -

I'm sorry, but that doesn't make any sence to me. It's - it is...could you please explain?

So let's say

Agreed. My mystake, though not a critical i believe.

I've heard this from our company customers (i.e. definitely native speakers) for couple of times before and I'm using this word without any confusion.

With all due respect, I must admit that "there are some holes in your theory" (c)

James Blond
25.04.2007, 23:27
I've changed *how to clean system restore folders* in the rules a little...
By the way... I think point 2 should be just *NOTE:...*

something is wrong...

I think it's text layout))

Laugh out loud

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310405

btw, if the forum administration for some reasons doubts in my translation correctness, the decision to no longer use my assistance is up to them.
Best regards,

ScratchyClaws
26.04.2007, 09:35
Laugh out loud

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310405

So you just took it from there? Than you just lost one free line... The idea is that message text should be seperated in some way from the other text.

And the keywords at the end of the page... They do make a lot of sence-

Keywords:
kbacw kbceip kbexpertisebeginner kbhowto kbacwsurvey kbenv kbinfo KB310405

btw, if the forum administration for some reasons doubts in my translation correctness, the decision to no longer use my assistance is up to them.
Best regards,

Nobody doubts it, I believe. Because of some differences in American and British English language, non-americans sometimes misunderstand you. There are some words and phrases which are used only in certain country, so we need to modify the text a little to make it more international.

Talking about its, it was my mistake. I hust got so used to cat's, somebody's and so on, that used the apostrophe here too. It's just a problem of beeing too clever:wall:

James Blond
26.04.2007, 11:44
So you just took it from there? Sorry, not "just". I was researching over the Internet trying to find the most understandable solution to translate these instructions. What could be more understandable than Microsoft' directions? Is that a crime?

we need to modify the text a little to make it more international.
What do you mean by "more international"?

Talking about its, it was my mistake. I hust got so used to cat's, somebody's and so on, that used the apostrophe here too. It's just a problem of beeing too clever:wall:
A little note here regarding "cat's and somebody's". US-EN spoken people may not use the apostrophe all the time even when it's needed. You could probably try to visit some US forums and see it yourself.

Cheers

Rene-gad
26.04.2007, 12:00
You could probably try to visit some US forums and see it yourself.
What is used in BBs - not only in US, but anywhere - is not really a language but a slang.

ScratchyClaws
26.04.2007, 12:18
Sorry, not "just". I was researching over the Internet trying to find the most understandable solution to translate these instructions. What could be more understandable than Microsoft' directions? Is that a crime?

No it isn't. But Microsoft also speaks American English (that's why you can't do your English homework in Word).
I meant that you took the instrustion from the site, and not translated it (or edited) yourself.

What do you mean by "more international"?
So every English-speaking person will understand it. Not only american one.

A little note here regarding "cat's and somebody's". US-EN spoken people may not use the apostrophe all the time even when it's needed. You could probably try to visit some US forums and see it yourself.
I sometimes spend my free-time on gaiaonline (http://gaiaonline.com) I had a lot of problems with understanding people there (I comunicate with english-speaking people in real-life for more than 10 years). I can tell you one thing about it. This language is not English!!! (the same as language from udaff.com is not classic Russian)

James Blond
26.04.2007, 12:30
What is used in BBs - not only in US, but anywhere - is not really a language but a slang.
That is the point! US-EN is a language, moreover it is quite independent. Don't mess it with the classical English.
You all know the differences, like these ones:
colour = color (us)
humour = humor (us)
etc

Slang don't have any relation to language at all.

We're talking about apostrophe here.

How do you say "by our company policy" or "by our company's policy"?

James Blond
26.04.2007, 12:40
No it isn't. But Microsoft also speaks American English (that's why you can't do your English homework in Word).
I meant that you took the instrustion from the site, and not translated it (or edited) yourself.

So every English-speaking person will understand it. Not only american one.

I sometimes spend my free-time on gaiaonline (http://gaiaonline.com) I had a lot of problems with understanding people there (I comunicate with english-speaking people in real-life for more than 10 years). I can tell you one thing about it. This language is not English!!! (the same as language from udaff.com is not classic Russian)

American English is all I know, sorry. It is quite understandable to all English-speaking people, but it is hard to say the same about the classical English.

*not translated it (or edited) yourself

If you can do better, please do.

ScratchyClaws
26.04.2007, 12:48
Anyway, guys, we are not going to make it philological forum, are we?

I already said about apostrophe that it was my mistake.

I just have an idea of keeping classical English here (even if it is not so independent, than American).

ScratchyClaws
26.04.2007, 13:03
Dear James.

I've spent about 15 years of my life doing my best to study British English, and still sometimes I don't understand American English. And I hope it's not only my problem.
You're a proffesional american technical interpretor. I'm only a begginer, but a technical interpretor too.
The thing is that you quite understand us here, and we are sometimes completely confused by your words. Let us just try to make the forum understandable for everybody.
I never said that I can do better. I only said that my opinion is different and asked to correct me if I'm wrong.
*It's a f##kin' team work* (as it was said in one song). Let's try to make something TOGETHER.

P.S.- my opinion (as ussual).
Other moderators, admins and everybody else, pardon the rude word, it's just a quote.

NickGolovko
26.04.2007, 13:32
You are a mod here. ;) Don't worry, guys, 'cos I also follow the texts I publish in this section, and I unite your positions to create the best output possible. ;)

XP user
26.04.2007, 13:45
Hi, everybody! It's funny to see how non-native speakers are trying to determine the rules for English usage. I'm sure nobody cares, as long as the support is great... ;) Paul

Rene-gad
26.04.2007, 13:56
US-EN is a language, moreover it is quite independent. Don't mess it with the classical English.

Who can read is always in the advantage ;)

What is used in BBs... is not really a language but a slang.
BB= Buiettin Board=Forum. Don't mess the languages on the street (in Manhattan and in Queens it's different anymore), in the newspapers, in TV, in movies etc. and in BBs, NG and chat rooms.

drongo
26.04.2007, 13:57
p2u ,I agee with you:) Welcome to our forum. I hope, you will join our help team in the future . ( May i understand , you are from kaspersky forum ?)

Rene-gad
26.04.2007, 14:03
Goedendag & welkom p2u :)

XP user
26.04.2007, 14:04
p2u ,I agee with you:) Welcome to our forum. I hope, you will join our help team in the future . ( May i understand , you are from kaspersky forum ?)

Hi, drongo! Thanks. Yes, I post regularly on the Kaspersky forum with some more general security info if needed. I'm not actually into 'healing' and stuff... ;) Paul

XP user
26.04.2007, 14:06
Goedendag & welkom p2u :)

Hi, Rene-gad! I won't break the rules by answering you in Dutch, but I take it as a big compliment that you seem to know the language... ;) Paul

Rene-gad
26.04.2007, 14:40
you seem to know the language...
Not really ;). But I understand some Dutch because I'm working in the German Sales Office of the Dutch company now (we have got our Headquarters in Utrecht).

ScratchyClaws
02.05.2007, 21:35
It is unnecessary to install all possible anti-virus programs and scan your computer.
I suggest writing

It is unnecessary to install all possible anti-virus programs, you have to choose one (we suggest using *insert 1-2 fine antiviruses*), update it's databases and scan your computer.
and after that the text about *help me* section goes...

I just thought that the original text can be understood like *it is unnecessary to use anti-viruses at all*

NickGolovko
03.05.2007, 15:23
I suggest writing

and after that the text about *help me* section goes...

I just thought that the original text can be understood like *it is unnecessary to use anti-viruses at all*

I made a slight modification.

ScratchyClaws
04.05.2007, 09:27
This way it looks much better.
Um... I deleted *in a case like this* 'cause in other cases you don't need to install all available antiviruses too....

kuznetz
05.07.2007, 20:00
the same as language from udaff.com is not classic Russian

Quite a point.
There are guys, though, with a yet more kinky language.
Suggest visiting Nag's forum:

http://forum.nag.ru/index.php?showtopic=34108
, and other topics around

Who can dig what they are talking about, please tell us all

RatHat
10.12.2007, 01:12
It is unnecessary to install all possible anti-virus programs, you have to choose one (we suggest using *insert 1-2 fine antiviruses*), update it's databases and scan your computer.

This might be better written as:

It is unnecessary to install more than one anti-virus program, as this can lead to conflicts. We suggest installing one of the following:

AV-1
AV-2

After installation, please ensure you update the program's database to the latest version, and carry out a full scan of your computer.

NickGolovko
10.12.2007, 06:27
Thank you RatHat,

it was a suggestion for Help Me rules, and I guess this line is already not used there. :)

kuznetz
10.12.2007, 20:10
At any rate,
they usually do not say "carry out", but instead
"to perform" (a full scan)

Harrythook
16.12.2007, 13:26
If for some reason no replies have been posted to your thread for more than 1 day, remind about yourself - maybe the helpers just did not see your request.
If you are requesting the user to post again after 1 day, change to:

If for some reason no replies have been posted to your thread for more than 1 day, please remind us - it is possible the helpers just did not see your request.

NickGolovko
16.12.2007, 15:18
Thanks Harrythook,

have edited. :)

Simple10
20.12.2007, 09:49
Isn't it ironic that non american born english speakers are debating the ABC's (but not the P's and Q's) of same. Not only is it ironic, but it's(it is) hilarious.

It is also great to see people taking such care to be correct so as not to cause frustration on the part of the one seeking help in these forums.

I am American, from New Jersey. My pedigree is Polish, Irish, and German; But, I do not speak any of those languages. I only speak english jenkooya(phonetic polish thank you.)

I would have been able to put that fact in my profile but someone hasn't translated all of those headers and samples for the boxes during the registration process yet.

My favorite movie is Rounders.(Not important but thought I would insert it anyway.) (By the way, it isn't pertinent either!)

Добавлено через 7 минут

Look!

Добавлено через 32 секунды

Nope. Still a newbie.

Добавлено через 1 минуту

You guys are hilarious.

Добавлено через 1 минуту

This is proof that somone is watching.-------------^

NickGolovko
20.12.2007, 10:25
I would have been able to put that fact in my profile but someone hasn't translated all of those headers and samples for the boxes during the registration process yet.

Thanks,

we must have forgotten about additional information in the profile. I have edited the headers.