PDA

Просмотр полной версии : Webroot Desktop Firewall

Sjoeii
28.11.2007, 01:07
Critical Online Security

In this day and age, sophisticated PC security is required, including antivirus (http://www.webroot.com/consumer/products/antivirus/index.html), antispyware (http://www.webroot.com/resources/spywareinfo/antispyware.html) and firewall protection. Webroot Desktop Firewall provides the critical protection you need to keep your PC safe from unauthorized access.
Webroot Desktop Firewall is an integrated desktop firewall and multi-layer intrusion prevention software solution which helps protect against identity and data theft, hackers, and other types of unauthorized access to your PC. Its multiple layers of security include desktop firewall, port manager, URL filter, process monitor, and application/system anomaly detection. This layered approach to firewall defense and intrusion prevention addresses the Windows vulnerabilities that hackers exploit to gain unauthorized system access and steal private information. Combined with Webroot’s intuitive interface, Webroot Desktop Firewall delivers powerful protection that is easy to use.
Makes your computer invisible on the Internet

Hackers won't see you because Webroot Desktop Firewall cloaks your computer's identity or IP address on the Internet, making it invisible to others and reducing the risk of intrusion or attack.
Monitors and protects all Internet traffic to and from your computer

Monitor all Internet traffic to and from your PC and blocks harmful or suspicious activity. It even prevents trusted applications from being "hijacked" to steal personal files. Windows Firewall only monitors traffic into your PC leaving you exposed if a Trojan or BOT is already operating on your machine.
Learning Firewall means fewer interruptions during PC use

Webroot Desktop Firewall doesn't bother you with a lot of pop up screens during configuration. It "learns" what normal application or connection activity occurs on your PC and alerts you to unusual or suspicious behavior. You can define additional rules for specific applications or connection types if you choose.
Powerful security that's easy to use

Most users won't need to interact with the program very much because Webroot Desktop Firewall works silently in the background and only alerts you when attention is needed. If action is required, you don't have to be a security expert to respond. Webroot Desktop Firewall's intuitive interface is easy to understand and provides instant access to important information.
Windows Vista compatible

Webroot Desktop Firewall is fully compatible with the Windows Vista operating system. It provides superior protection to the basic firewall features found in Windows XP and Vista, and will not cause conflicts with those features. In addition, Webroot's firewall technology is fully integrated with the Windows Security Center for added convenience.
Convenient and knowledgeable online support

Webroot products are very easy to set up and use. But if you do need assistance, our convenient online support provides the resources you need to get you back up and running quickly.
Satisfaction Guarantee

Webroot always stands behind its products, which is why all of our products are backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee. No questions asked.

Key Product Features

Stealth Mode Feature

Webroot Desktop Firewall lets you operate your computer operate in Stealth Mode, making your online presence invisible to Internet scammers looking for easy targets.
Email Protection

Mitigates the impact of attacks targeting your email client by tracking the normal volume and frequency of outbound emails. Webroot Desktop Firewall alerts you or blocks unacceptable deviations from normal email activity.
Advanced Packet Filtering

Features a layer-3 firewall which uses unique stateful packet inspection technology to detect and block unauthorized access to your system.
Malicious Process Blocking

Tracks all trusted processes and provides alerts when a potentially malicious process attempts to run. This makes Webroot Desktop Firewall a perfect compliment to the antivirus and antispyware protection found in Spy Sweeper and Webroot AntiVirus with AntiSpyware for added protection.
System Anomaly Intelligence

Automatically develops a baseline profile of your normal PC usage based on system variables such as CPU utilization, thread count, and others. Normal application and system use patterns are monitored and alerts are generated as unusual activity is detected.
Port Monitoring and Blocking

Monitors all ports to prohibit unauthorized port scanning or any other type of system intrusion.
Custom Protection Profiles

Easily define and set different levels of protection depending on whether you are connected at home or on the road.
Lock down your PC

Experiencing unexplained computer activity? Use the Stop Traffic feature to immediately stop all traffic in and out of your PC, and protect your data until you can determine the cause.
File and Printer Sharing

Webroot Desktop Firewall lets you easily share your files and printers with other computers on your local area network without unnecessarily exposing your PC to online threats.
Comprehensive Internet Activity Log

If you think someone has attempted to access your PC, simply review the Internet activity log. You'll know if a hacker or unknown programs has cracked your PC.

Добавлено через 1 минуту

I read some good things about it

XP user
28.11.2007, 08:37
Critical Online Security
I read some good things about it
OK. I'll test it and let you know. Most of it sounds like ehm... marketing... :)

Paul

Sjoeii
28.11.2007, 10:06
I know. But I read on other forums some very good stuff on this firewall.
Please let us knwo. You are the firewall king

XP user
28.11.2007, 10:09
First you have to register to get your download code. I hate it when companies do that. Second, the firewall couldn't even initiate after install. That's probably because I have a proxy on IE leading to remote address 0.0.0.0. Can't possibly be driver conflicts, because I have nothing else installed.
End of test. )))

Paul

Sjoeii
28.11.2007, 10:19
That's fast. but sounds like a good reason to me to stop te test