Показано с 1 по 3 из 3.

Possible Sality infection?

Junior Member Репутация
    Вес репутации

Possible Sality infection?

Hello, I'm working on my sister-in-law's PC which was running KAV 2010 (9.x). Something started interfering with the operation of KAV, and it was taking up all of the processor. I managed to uninstall it and upgrade to KAV 2011 (11.x) thinking that a recent update had caused an incompatability - this is a Windows 7 box. Shortly after, I started to get messages indicating corrupted database errors, and have been unable to repair it. The download also appeared to become corrupted at some point. Could this be a Sality virus varient? I've started working through manual disinfection procedures, and have avptool 2010 running now - which led me here. Output of system info file is attached.

Advance thanks for your help!!
    Steve

VIP Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация Аватар для Aleksandra
    Вес репутации
    Check your system with Dr.Web LiveСD: http://www.freedrweb.com/livecd/?lng=en
    Сердце решает кого любить... Судьба решает с кем быть...

Junior Member Репутация
    Вес репутации
    Ok, this behavior is odd. Still not sure if it is a virus or an incompatibility with KAV 2011 (11.x). The PC is running W7 64-bit. I've noted some similar symptoms being reported.

I've cleaned up the install by running the uninstall tool (download), and re-installed cleanly. I was able to update to today's databases. About 8% into a full scan, the database corrupted message popped back up, and now the ethernet port is disabled as well. Does anyone know for sure if this is a W7/64 bit incompatibility issue, or a real virus?