Google Chrome Multiple Vulnerabilities
Critical: Highly critical
Exposure of sensitive information
Where: From remote
Solution Status: Unpatched
Software: Google Chrome 3.x
Solution: Upgrade to version 18.104.22.168.
Some vulnerabilities and weaknesses have been reported in Google Chrome, where some have unknown impacts and others can be exploited by malicious people to disclose potentially sensitive information, bypass certain security restrictions, or compromise a user's system.
1) A use-after-free error when handling pop-up windows and navigating away from the current site can be exploited to corrupt memory via a specially crafted web page.
Successful exploitation may allow execution of arbitrary code.
The vulnerability is confirmed in version 22.214.171.124. Other versions may also be affected.
2) An unspecified error can be exploited to bypass the pop-up blocker.
3) A design error in the handling of CSS stylesheets can be exploited to potentially disclose sensitive information from other domains.
4) An unspecified error allows XMLHttpRequests to directories.
5) An unspecified error exists related to escaping characters in shortcuts.
6) Unspecified errors exist related to drawing on canvases, which can corrupt memory.
7) An unspecified error exists during image decoding, which can corrupt memory.
8) An unspecified error exists, which may result in failure to strip "Referer".
9) An unspecified error affects cross-domain access.
10) An unspecified error exists in the deserialisation of bitmaps.