Hi I am having a problem with a virus that I can not detect with the latest build Kaspersky 2009 184.108.40.2066 (a,b) and virus databse update 2009/06/19 02:21:00PM and I have XP service pack3
I have spoken to kaspersky admin and they have referred me to this site with their instructions.
The symptoms are as follow.
on number 3 - I had a problem with a rootkit virus before which caused my usb-modem not to work and also disabled my disk management service and added ovstf**** entries in my registry. I removed the rootkit with AVG-Antirootkit. After this I removed AVG and purchased KAspersky.
- The mixer device dissappear when the windows firewall is disabled.
- When the firewall is enabled the mixer/sound does not disappear.
- I insert my 3G usb modem, it allocates a drive letter and then disappears again. This does not happen with normal USB sticks.
- Computer is slower than usual.
- Kaspersky does not detect anything.
THe disk management service is working now.
The AVPtool_syscheck is attached.
I am on a Wirless Network, other members of the network tipped that their Avira Antivirus ID's these symptoms as being part of the NUCRP-4 Virus.
Any Help will be appreciated.