Показано с 1 по 4 из 4.

Obviously a rootkit problem

Junior Member Репутация
    Вес репутации
    Hi,
    I've had this ring sound at boot time when Windows loads and the password box would get filled so that I had to use the backspace key 'til it let me enter my password. After login, it would fill up every search or dialog box with $ or Ј letters. Most updates would fail. I managed to use online antivirus scans but none found anything. The first AV program that gave me a warning was Avast about a behaviour like a keylogger. Anything that was found was named "" by AV programs. Programs and updates kept crashing, the system was extremely slow. I have a multiboot system using Windows 2000 Pro (EN) and two installs of XP Home & Pro ( both in French).
    After I finally managed to contact the support at Avast, the sounds and the hijacked dollar key stopped but the programs and Windows malfunctions kept on.
    I decided to format and reinstall XP Home on the C:\ drive to no avail. I can hardly connect to the internet from that new install.
    I have followed your instructions and attaching the required 3 files. I hope you can help.
    Regards,
    Jean-Pierrehijackthis.log

virusinfo_syscure.zip

virusinfo_syscheck.zip

Hi again,
    I just read the previous post by indigoash, it reminded me that at one time I too thought it had infected the BIOS because of a message that often occured that the ntoskrnl had to be reinstalled. I have a feeling it could be the same 'bugger'. Of course, simply restarting loads the chosen operating system. I don't feel up to it to flash the BIOS with this bug around. I have never seen a virus having this 'heuristics'-like behaviour! I am being patient for maybe 3 weeks now. I sincerely hope it will be discovered and the problem solved if not, it sounds like no one is safe.
    Regards,
    Jean-Pierre
    Последний раз редактировалось Rene-gad; 28.12.2008 в 12:03.

Senior Member Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация
    Вес репутации
    I could not find any suspicious in your logs. IE 8 is a beta... I'm not sure, that it's necessarily to have it installed

Junior Member Репутация
    Вес репутации
    Thank you for looking.
    I may try removing the beta software if it could help?
    I'll keep you informed.
    Thanx again,
    Jean-Pierre

Senior Member Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация Репутация
    Вес репутации
    Цитата Сообщение от jpsnapdy Посмотреть сообщение
    I may try removing the beta software if it could help?
    It should be your own decision.